Sign In
create an account
forgot username or password?

Church History

Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church
 
Historical Outline
 
1945 --           Rev. Carl Leyrer commissioned to do canvass work Big Bend area.
1945 --           First worship service conducted in Big Bend town hall
1946 --           Christ English Evangelical Lutheran Church organized and chartered
1947 --           Construction began on church building
1948 --           Dedication of the same
1956 --           Congregation goes self-supporting
1960 --           Parochial school begun in church basement
1966 --           School – Fellowship Hall dedicated
1972 --           Renovation of church
1980 --           Fund Drive initiated for new church
1986 --           Construction begins on new church
1987 --           Dedication of New Church
1988 --           Renovation of old church basement
1994 --           Parsonage and Principal’s residence built
1995 --           Fatima Drive Teacherage bought
1996 --           Playground property bought
1998 --           Construction of Gym started
1999 --           Dedication of New Gym
2004 --           Vesbach property bought to complete master site plan
2005 --           Parking lot addition and playground graded and seeded
2006 --           Church repainted outside and inside
2006 --           Old Church Galley Kitchen completely remodeled
2008 --           Vesbach house received new gas furnace
2008 --           Renovation of second floor of school (lights/furnaces)
2009 --           Renovation of first floor of school (lights/furnaces)
2010 --           Parsonage repainted for new pastor’s family
2010 --           Installation of Pastor Gary Pufahl
2013 --           Second parsonage (Fatima Drive) renovated for new pastor's family
2013 --           Ordination and installation of Pastor Ian Headrick
2014 --           New Rodgers Organ Dedication Service - July 26, 2014
2014--            Jackson Parkway House renovated as pastoral and administrative offices