· Looking Ahead—
~ January 9—Public School Confirmation Class 4:30 p.m.
~ January 10—Girl Pioneers 6:30 p.m.
~ January 11—Wednesday Morning Bible Class 9:15 a.m.
~ January 12—Ladies Guild 12:30 p.m.
~ January 21—Girl Pioneers Bowling and Pizza Party 2:15 p.m.
~ January 23—GOD’S WAYS noon and 6:30 p.m.
OPEN FORUM BETWEEN SERVICES TODAY
(No Adult Bible Classes)
· Mary Martha Society—Mary Martha will be going to Fork in the Road for their January meeting on Tuesday, January 24th. Please meet in the parking lot at 6:30 p.m. or you may go directly to the restaurant. Reservations are for 6:45 p.m. A sign-up sheet is on the table in the narthex to indicate if you will be attending.
· The Caring Ministries—Help is needed in sending cards to members who are shut ins. Volunteers are assigned to one month to send out cards so it does not involve a lot of your time. If you can be of assistance, or need information, contact Linda Worthington at 262-662-1431.
· Girl Pioneers—On January 21st, from 2:15 p.m. until 4:30 p.m., the Girl Pioneers will have a bowling & pizza party at River City Lanes in Waterford. For questions, please contact Kristin Blum at 262-662-3086.
· Church Fellowship—Sunday Morning Bible Class—January 15th to March 5th. The word synod means to walk together. However, the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod is not walking together with many other church bodies in our society. Why? Aren’t we all Christian? Aren’t we all working toward the same goal? Why aren’t we at least walking together with other church bodies that call themselves Lutheran? Church fellowship can be a hard teaching for us to understand and an even harder teaching for us to put into practice. Pastor Headrick will lead this study in the School Fellowship Hall from 9:15 a.m.—10:15 a.m.
· Simply Marriage—Pastor Gary Pufahl will lead a Marriage Enrichment Course on Sundays beginning January 29, 2017, from 9:15 until 10:15am. This course is limited to the first 12 couples. Register today! Pastor Pufahl will lead this study in the Upper Room at church. The sign up sheet is located on the oak table by the entrance to church.
· Interactive Faith — Beginning in February 2017, couples will have he opportunity to build their marriage on the gospel of Jesus through the next Interactive Faith Bible study entitled “Mysterious Marriage”. Led by Rev. Randy Hunter, this study will examine how the gospel gives you the power to be married and how marriage gives you a way to show the gospel. This four-week study will be streamed live twice every Wed-nesday night between Feb. 1 and Feb. 22 at 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. (central). Wels.net/interactivefaith.
· Admissions Discovery Day— High school students and their parents are invited to Wisconsin Lutheran College for Discovery Day on Monday, January 16. Tour campus, meet professors, and learn about the admissions process. Register at wlc.edu/visit or call 414.443.8609 for more information.
· The Christian Woman Today Retreat, sponsored by Christ the Lord in Brookfield, WI, will be held March 17-19, 2017, at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel in Brookfield, WI. Throughout the weekend, we will find reassurance and strength from God's promise to us in Isaiah 41:10, "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Retreat brochures with registration forms are available at the ChristianWomanToday.org website. The registration deadline is March 3, 2017. For questions, please contact Linda at 414-507-5341.
January 8 —Sunday
· 8:00 a.m.—Worship
· 9:15 a.m.—Sunday School
· 9:15 a.m.—Open forum Meeting Between Services
· 10:30 a.m.—Worship
· 6:30 p.m.—Sunday Evening Bible Class in Fellowship Hall
· No GOD’S WAYS
· 4:30 p.m.—Public School Confirmation Class
· 7:00 p.m.—Dartball
· 6:30 p.m.—TOPS
· 6:30 p.m.—Ministry Planning (Boards/Council)
· 6:30 p.m.—Girl Pioneers
· 6:30 p.m.—Cards (Sheepshead)
· 9:15 a.m.—Wednesday Morning Bible Class in Church
· 12:30 p.m.—Ladies Guild
· 6:30 p.m.—Worship (Communion)
· 7:45 p.m.—Choir Practice
· 8:00 a.m.—Worship (Communion)
· 9:15 a.m.—Sunday School
· 10:30 a.m.—Worship (Communion)
We encourage all our members to pray this prayer:
“Use me to make Christ known.”